Pre/Post Matric Scholarship For Assam State Assam government will spend Rs 50 crore every year to provide scholarships to one lakh school students of the state. According to the scheme announced by Chief Minister is, merit scholarship of Rs 5, 000 will be offered to 50,000 students of class V and class VIII.
Assam government Guwahati will spend Rs 50 crore every year to provide scholarships to one lakh school students of the state 2016, According to the scheme announced by Chief Minister is merit scholarship of Rs 5, 000 will be offered to 50,000 students of class V and class VIII, Education Minister is that students under the merit scholarship will be selected through a state-level scholarship test to be conducted by the Primary Education Department and the Assam unit of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA) After a student of class V is selected for the scholarship, a sum of Rs 5, 000 will be fixed deposited in his/her name for five years. The amount can be withdrawn when the student reaches class X and his/ her parents can append the money for admission or higher studies. Similar is the case with the students of class VIII,” Sarma said.
The merit scholarship, according to Sarma is aimed at supporting students belonging to poor families. Parents of poor students often face problem when their kids reach class X or class XII and they require money for their admission. The merit scholarships immensely benefit the poor but talented students of the state,” he said. The minister said the scholarship would also help the Education Department to assess the schools and quality of education provided by Assam Board
Guidance Notes For 2021
Please ensure that you complete the correct application form and submit it by the deadline to the address shown in the notes attached to the application form. Applications mailed after that date will not be considered.
- This year the deadline for follow-on students who received a scholarship from Prospect Burma in 2021 is February 2021. If you are a new applicant, who did not receive funding from Prospect Burma in 2021, the deadline is April 2021
- There is intense competition for our scholarship awards, and incomplete or badly completed applications are likely to be rejected immediately. Please read the form very carefully.
- For 2021 we are not – with the exception of continuing students (who should apply on the form for Continuing Students) – accepting:
(1) new applications from students wishing to study in India, except for those associated with the Health and Hope Society. Follow-on applicants in India should apply using the continued funding application and must attach a colour, passport-size photograph to their application form.
(2) applications to study for a doctoral degree;
(3) applications to study for an undergraduate degree in a first world country (ie UK/Europe, North
America, Australia/New Zealand, Japan and Korea) UNLESS a substantial tuition fee waiver has been offered by the university;
(4) applications to study at any distance learning/correspondence course;
(5) applications to study at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Bangkok;
(6) applications to do an immediate follow-on degree.
You may qualify for an award if you are of Burmese origin and are:
• Accepted for and/or enrolled in a first degree course at an accredited college or university in South East Asia, Hong Kong, or – if with proof of another scholarship/fee waiver – at a university in any other country;
• Already studying, or accepted for, a Master’s degree course;